The last night always brings a hefty helping of memories combined with a side of trepidation. It is hard to believe that Go East Again in ’10 is almost over and soon will be chunked together with the first road trip, Go East ’08, and Go Farther West ’09. Wow.
These are some of our favorite memories (or as Julie would say: “These are a few of my favorite things.”)
1) Finding ourselves in the middle of the country, in Indiana, searching for a water tower.
2) Becoming the mayor of the Giant Stamp in Cleveland.
3) Walking into the house featured in A Christmas Story to discover that the tour was being conducted by Randy himself.
4) Driving all over Toledo trying to find a hot dog bun museum, passing it up, then realizing the restaurant we passed 45 minutes earlier was the restaurant, going inside only to find it so crowded we left.
5) Turning the corner in the Bronx to find the most unusual Christmas display ever – in June!
6) The sweet feeling of relief when we found a charger in Syracuse that fit the computer.
7) One word – Mama’s!
8) Exploring the Jimmy Carter historic sites in Plains, GA.
9) A nightstand with a motion detector nightlight.
10) Eating at two great Diners, Drive-ins and Dives.
11) Walking around the Biltmore Estate and exploring Asheville, NC.
12) Earning MULTIPLE badges in NYC. We love badges.
13) Realizing John was driving on the sidewalk. Opps!
14) Driving around battlefields in Gettysburg, PA. We almost didn’t and then changed our mind at the last minute. Good decision!
15) There once were two teachers who took a ferry to Nantucket…
16) Nightly rituals.
17) Eating YUMMY pizza @ Mystic Pizza in Mystic, CT. There’s a small piece of John’s car left on the hill beside Mystic Pizza. L
18) Taking photographs of Scaredy Squirrel in various places. His travels will be part of a fun back to school bulletin board.
19) Finding a giant pair of legs in rural North Carolina.
20) Stumbling upon Harpers Ferry, WV.
21) Creating lifelong memories. 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂